Babraham Bioscience Technologies
Babraham Bioscience Technologies (BBT) manages, operates, and develops the Babraham research campus in Cambridge. It’s the UK’s leading campus supporting early-stage bioscience enterprise and home to the Babraham Institute. Sixty life science companies occupy research and development facilities, including a Grade II-listed building, and 1,200 staff, students, and visitors visit the site every day.
Due to the nature of the research taking place on campus, security is of the utmost importance. BBT was looking for a partner to:
- Increase provision, maintain safety, and support staff 24 hours a day
- Provide a reception-based security officer with superb communication skills and a customer-first approach
- Facilitate ad-hoc and short-notice support, such as emergency scenarios and VIP visits
- Deter unwanted attention from protestors onsite
We proposed a coordinated security solution to protect the campus from intrusion, theft, and the impact of protester activity, while also providing a reassuring presence to staff. We recruited a dedicated team of multi-skilled officers from diverse backgrounds who complemented the institute’s culture and could coordinate seamlessly with staff.
Bespoke training is a priority for all our officers, including NVQ 2 Customer Service and Protest Management courses. We also ensure the whole team is up to speed on laboratory best practice to assist with monitoring of equipment and routine checks.
Our tailored security solution gives BBT peace of mind knowing their reputation, staff, and innovations are being protected round the clock.
- Dardan’s security officers act as a visual deterrent to intruders.
- Our team manage and report protest activity onsite.
- Any ad-hoc and short-notice requests are covered by our trained operational support staff.
- Our control room provides 24/7 support and resilience, complementing the onsite security.
- Our successful relationship with BBT has been overseen directly by our board since 2015.